Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Offspring

So, I've never really wanted kids of my own.  I was the babysitter-extraordinaire when I was a teen and I love being around the young'ins but, have never wanted to be called "mom".  I know I'm in the minority of women in my age group in this regard but, I just wasn't born with that mommy-longing.

Lately a lot of my friends have been having babies or talking about having them. My friend Amber and her husband just had their first little one - and he is SO cute! Sometimes when I hang out with my friends' kids, my biological clock ticks for a while after but, logic always stomps in and squashes that pretty quick! ha ha

I started thinking about how difficult it must be for parents with MS but, just how much joy and hope those little tots must give you when you're having a desperate sort of a day or a relapse.  I get so much energy and delight from just being around kids so, today I wanted to celebrate the little guys.

Thanks for just being you little cuties - you brighten up a world that can sometimes be a major downer!  :)

Hannah & Monica
Gram with great-granddaughter Madeleine
Isabella
India Rose
Madeleine
Hannah
Carter
Amy with her girls, Isabella & Adriana
Grace
Isidro with his granddaughter, Adriana
"A rose can say 'I love you', orchids can enthrall, but a weed bouquet in a chubby fist, yes, that says it all."

If any readers out there have special little tykes that you'd like to honour, send me their pic and I'll post it for you.  Ali.

UPDATE:  Oh, we have another addition to the kiddie-roster... Here is the absolutely adorable little daughter of my friend Steve and his wife Jan - Ella!  What a cutie :)

Ella


No comments: