Monday, September 12, 2011

Besties Are The Best

I'm feeling really grateful today for my friends and I want to give them a shout-out to tell them how amazing they are.  I couldn't have made it through the past year without a group of very special people - they're family that are not actually related (except for one).

So, to Amy, Erin, Lindsay, Amber, Stephanie, Travis and my sister Cristy....THANK YOU so much for all of your help. 

Amy for being ready to drop a husband, two kids and a menagerie of pets to jump on a plane at a moments notice and for convincing me to start this blog.  To Erin for always being there to talk to and for bringing humour to every situation.  To Linds for always treating me like I'm healthy, whether I am or not.  To Amber for keeping my social life alive when I feel like hibernating.  To Stephanie for being my MS counsellor and support-system through all of the B.S.  To Travis for giving up time with my sister to drive me to the hospital, hold me up so I don't fall and being supportive always.  Last but certainly not least, to my sister Cristy, for moving in with me when I couldn't do much of anything.  For taking care of me, my home, my pets and my sanity.

No matter how much I want to be independent and not ask for help, I realize that I have an amazing support system and I do need them in sickness and in health.  So, thank you to all of my friends, listed and not listed; you're a wonderful group of people and I'm sending you all of my love and gratitude.

Hugs & Kisses, Ali. xoxo

* If you have anyone you want to shout-out, let me know and I'll post a thanks to them here for you *

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

When this disease tries to break us we gotta be each other's glue to keep the pieces together! I'm happy to be there for you Ali, and I'm happy that you're there for me too :)
Hugs,
Steph

Alison I said...

Awhhh, see what I mean everyone?! MS counselor! :) Thanks Steph, you're awesome!

Anonymous said...

I want to say a big thanks to you Al, you make me proud to be your mom; I want to say a big thanks to cristy and travis for being at your side, you both make me proud; I want to say thanks to all your friends for being Alison's friends and giving her so much support. You have all made me see the good in this world. Carolynxxxx

Jetty Geers said...

Hi Ali,

I wish I could be there for you more especially in person, but the ocean is between us. Although I'm thinking of you often!!!

Lots of love,

Jetty

Alison I said...

Thanks Jetty, I miss you too!!
Love Ali xoxo