Tuesday, September 06, 2011

My Knees, They Are A'Shaking


Welcome back from the long weekend everyone!  I had a fantastic time on my Alberta-adventure...we encountered a flight delay and ended up meeting some really great people in the airport while waiting.  Have you ever spent the night drinking away a flight delay at the airport?  My credit card hurts!  ha ha

Anyway, I had such a great, care-free time that today, back to reality, I feel scared.  I didn't think of MS for a whole 24 hours.  I didn't feel like the "sick person" and I just spent the night being the old me.  The one without this ticking time bomb in her head.

Do you guys ever feel like this?  Am I normal or is this something I need to get some help with?

I don't like surprises (bad ones anyway) and I've always been a planner.  This is why MS is such a difficult disease for me because, in my experience to date, I wake up in a relapse.  It doesn't come on with any warning and I get no lead time.

This fantastic weekend made me realize just how much I fear the future and my next relapse.  I so desperately want to enjoy every moment and I don't want to be disabled with fear when I'm not disabled in body too.

Do you MSers out there have any advice?  How do you cope with the unknown, the cold fear and trepidation?  Advice please :)


5 comments:

Alison I said...

My first suggestion comes from Shante who says to not drink coffee because it can cause anxiety. Good tip - thanks Shante!

Meghan said...

Hi Alison, I meditate every night before bed...I try to enjoy every minute of remission that I have too and not waste any time. Hope this helps...

Alison I said...

Thanks Meghan, I'm trying to enjoy everything without getting scared too but I'm getting there slowly! I have had a few people recommend meditation and I'm definitely going to try it. Thank you! Ali.

Laura said...

Hi Alison,
When I feel like that rest is the key preferable in a dark room.
I love your blog!

Alison I said...

Hi Laura, I've heard the dark room advice before and I really need to get on it! My room is really bright - I'm not happy that you feel like this too but, am so happy someone knows what I'm feeling! Know what I mean? Thank you, Ali :)