Monday, September 26, 2011

The Sweetest Thing

Sometimes people surprise you by how much they pay attention, have the capacity to care and show empathy.  


As I've mentioned before, I work for a Canadian hotel & resort company.  Over the years, I've formed a close relationship with our most frequent guest, Gregory, and his wife Barbara.  When I was going through those horrible, early days of my diagnosis, they were right there to help out and support in any way they could.

Today, Gregory gave me a call to meet him in the lobby.  He then presented me with a present from his wife and himself...it is a little high-heeled shoe.  The card was so thoughtful that it nearly brought me to tears and mentioned that I didn't have to give up my love of heels because of MS; I can just have them in another size for now.  

Isn't that the sweetest thing?!  So, today I thank you Barbara & Gregory - you are the best!  I appreciate your gift and all of the other times you've gifted me with either items or supportive words and thoughts.  You are so appreciated!

Love Ali   xoxo



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Al, remember all the little shoes Gram had? That was such a nice thing to do. Mom

Alison I said...

Of course I remember the shoes! Her walk-in closet with the gabillion pairs of shoes is probably what got me hooked in the first place! And then her collection of mini ones too - we are certainly a family of shoe-lovers aren't we?!