Sunday, June 05, 2011

Dream a Little (Crazy) Dream

A few posts ago I was b*tching about how the Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) that I take for MS has stolen away my precious, crazy dreams.  ha ha  Well, last night I had my first abnormal and totally weird dream in months.  Perhaps the "realistic (AKA: boring) dreams" side-effect is loosening it's grip?!



So, I'm on a family vacation for someone's wedding.  I'm sitting on a beach on the ocean in Honduras and I'm lounging right beside a resort bar where my family is dining.  All of a sudden, this multi-coloured, cartoon-looking frog hops up and hangs out beside me.  He has the number 15 in marker written on his back.

My aunt notices him and gives me her camera to take a picture.  But, when I try to unzip the camera case, I find that it's layers and layers of different camera cases, like a Russian nesting doll.  The frog hops away and my aunt gets upset with me.

So, I get up and go into the ocean and while underwater, I see a lime-green fish lurking there in a cave.  He is enormous with an evil face and is made up of all of these leaf-like scales that fan in and out.

Then, it dawns on me why I'm actually in Honduras.  I'm a detective and I'm there to solve the missing person case of a tourist.  Suddenly (I'm still under water), a man swims in front of the fish and it grabs him, sucks him into his mouth in one gulp and he's gone.  Eaten by this evil fish.

I realize what's happened to the missing tourist, mystery solved.  Dream over. Me, happy that I FINALLY have an entry for my dream journal after months of stagnant, life-like dreams.

According to the drug information and patient testimonials for LDN, the abnormal dream side-effects typically go away after one to three months.  I'm right on target there at about two months.  But, in my case, I welcome back with open arms my NORMAL abnormal dreams and kiss goodbye those boring realistic ones where I'm cutting vegetables for hours or tying shoes etc.

And MS gets a tiny bit easier to handle day by day...

Ali.

No comments: