Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I'd Like To Thank The Academy

So, remember when I said that I was in the Acceptance Stage of grief?  I (unknowingly) lied.  For sure.  100%
I am actually in the Sadness Stage.  Or, I'm thinking of renaming it the Knocked Down, Dragged Out, Sobbing on the Floor in Feetie Pajamas, Chocolate-Guzzling, "Why Me" Wailing Stage (A.K.A. KDDOSFFPCGWM Stage) as indicated by my (behind locked doors) recent behaviour.

I think that my M.S. diagnosis has just sunk in for real.  The fact that there is no cure yet and such wild uncertainty with regards to long-term disability has me feeling a bit overwhelmed and...sad.

So, in that vein, I would like to dedicate this post to all of the amazing friends, family, clients, colleagues and readers out there who are helping me SO much with your comments, emails, page views, phone calls, flowers, cards and hugs (NOT the girdle-band kind!).  I know that I could not have made it through the past two months without all of you; the entire time would have been spent in the KDDOSFFPCGWM Stage! 

You ALL ROCK!  THANK YOU!   
Tons of love and kisses, Ali xoxoxox 

P.S.  If you call me when you expect that I'll be available and you get voicemail...call back.  It's difficult to pull myself up off of the floor in feetie pajamas under the weight of all those chocolate bar wrappers and Kleenex.  Seriously, I'm there.  Call me back. 




No comments: