Friday, May 13, 2011

Poof !!!


So, the blogger website was down for the past two days and I see that my last post (the sadness one with reference to footie pajamas) has disappeared.  Well, perhaps it's for the best; I received A LOT of emails from worried family & friends!

Yes, I am going through a tough time and yes, sometimes I get really down but, not all the time.  Not even most of the time.  I think I'm following the normal path of a Multiple Sclerosis diagnosis and I'm not too worried about spending a few days in the p.j.'s if you're all not!  I would however, like to share some of the beautiful comments that I received because they help not only me, but maybe someone out there going through something difficult as well.  Enjoy...

From:  Dad
"That picture even looks like you at what seems like about ten  years ago.  I'm sad too Al.  If I could swap your problems for my bum hip, I'd do it in a second.  There is not much that I can help with, and it  is frustrating me.  I wish that I could give you a big hug every day and make it all better.  Your blog must be difficult to scribe. I know that it makes me laugh,  it makes me cry, it makes me sad,  but when  I think of some lost soul travelling down your same rocky road reading it and being comforted by it, I'm mostly so damned proud of my 'Little Girl'."

From:  Uncle Mike & Auntie Diane
"It must be hell to have MS.  As you mentioned, there are a number of stages of reaction, and by the look of it you're sampling them all.  Heavy stuff:  sadness, grief, guilt and God knows what else.  Did I say grief?  Good grief!  When some folks find a private hell, they have trouble climbing out of it.  That's a bad neighborhood, not nice at all.  Start digging upward." 
   
From:  Uncle Kent
"My mom, your grandma, had a way with these things.  Time after time as I was growing, she would direct me thru THE DOOR.  In other words, have all those feelings but work towards going through the door, closing it on that side and get on with what you find on the other side.  She told me that way you don't miss what is on the OTHER SIDE."

From:  Mom
"I have a new one, SOTT's Guilt (sign of the times).  The world, especially the media, is, to me, the biggest contributor to guilt.  Pressure to be perfect is very pervasive in our society, even when we are ill.  Take this pill, do this diet, work harder and then you too will be perfect and happy.  What a crock of sh..............!!!!!  Like Gram said, just try and enjoy all the moments, good and bad."

From:  Tom & Carol
"You are always in our thoughts.  It would be easy for us to say have a postive outlook, enjoy it to your fullest like Grandma would like you to.  We know you are trying hard so just keep up the good progress."

These inspiring and supportive words have helped me to realize that, even though I'm sad sometimes, I'm certainly not alone.  Thank you to everyone who wrote me; you are all so special to me and you really do help so very much.

Almost all of you mentioned Grandma and I miss her more than any words could express but, her memory and spirit is with me 24 hours a day.  I know with the lessons and words of wisdom that she bestowed on me my whole life and with your support, I'll be on my way back up in no time. 
Hugs & Kisses, Ali.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxo getting-better-1
 


No comments: